Most Earl Greys use poor quality China base tea, which is like palming yourself off as landed gentry when all you own is a Barbour jacket. We use the finest Darjeeling from the foothills of the Himalayas and add zesty bergamot citrus from sunny Southern Italy, to create something altogether more elegant. The blue cornflowers? Well, they just look so pretty. - Louise
how does it taste?
The exotic, floral tones of Darjeeling tea are balanced with the zesty citrus taste of bergamot.
good if you're feeling
In need of refinement; one sip of this will leave you feeling posh.
how we like it
Drink it with a slice of lemon, no milk – that’s the way we like it, but each to their own. Same with the sugar.
Just cover one tea temple with boiling water and infuse for 3 minutes. Remove temple and top-up glass with iced water. Garnish with lemon.
- tea temple - 1 per person. Infuse in boiling water. Brew for 3+ minutes.
- loose tea - 2 rounded teaspoonfuls per person. Brew for 3+ minutes.
Whole leaves take longer to brew, but the little wait is definitely worth it.
what's in it?
black tea, cornflowers, natural bergamot flavour
nutritional content per 100ml
- 0 sugar
- 0 fat
- trace carbohydrate
dairy free, gluten free, suitable for vegetarians & vegans. Made in a factory that handles nuts.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device